District Health Society - Daman
The Name of the Society shall be “District Health Society, District of Daman or DHS (Daman)”.
Area of operation
The area of operation of the Society shall be whole of district of Daman.
The Society shall have its office at the office of Medical Superintendent, District Hospital, Marwad, Daman District, situated at Nani Daman.
The Society shall assist district health administration in the implementation of various health programmes and projects in the district, with special emphasis on priority sectors like reproductive and child health, population control, control of malaria, TB and leprosy and prevention of blindness and malnutrition etc.
Scope of functions
To achieve the above objectives, the Society shall direct its resources towards performance of the following key tasks:
- To act as the nodal forum for all stake holders -line departments, PRI and NGOs- to participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of the various health and family welfare programmes and projects in the district.
- To receive, manage and account for the funds received from the Daman & Diu Administration (including State level Societies in the health sector) for implementation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes in the district.
- To strengthen the technical / management capacity of the District Health Administration through recruitment of individual / institutional experts from the open market.
- To facilitate preparation of integrated district health development plans, for health and its various determinants like sanitation, nutrition and safe drinking water, etc.
- To guide the functions related to 'Total Sanitation Campaign' at the District level.
- To mobilize financial and non-financial resources for complementing/supplementing the health and family welfare activities in the district.
- To assist hospital management societies in the district.
- To undertake such other activities for strengthening health and family welfare activities in the district as may be identified from time to time, including mechanisms for intra and inter-sectoral convergence of inputs and structures.
members of the Governing Body
The names, addresses, occupations and designations of the First Members of the Governing Body of the Society to whom by the rules and regulations of the Society, the management of the affairs of the Society is entrusted as required under section 2 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (No. XXI of 1860) are as follows...
- Director Medical & Health Services
- Medical Superintendent, Marwad Hospital
- Director Education, Daman
- CEO, District Panchayat
- CDPO, Daman